What is Marketing ?
“Marketing is enthusiasm transferred to the customer”
Marketing is the very important part of a business. It is all about promoting and selling products and services. Marketing is an organization of selling products on the base of price, the area where it should be supplied to and where should be advertised.
What is Digital Marketing ?
The internet is becoming town square for the global village tomorrow – Bill Gates
Digital marketing is the umbrella term for all advertising delivered through electronic devices.When people hear digital marketing, it’s true that most identify it with channels such as email, social media, website, and search engines; basically, anything connected to the Internet via your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or PC. However, digital marketing can occur both online and offline.
Digital Marketing : Offline vs Online
- Offline Digital Marketing
You’ve encountered offline digital marketing before and didn’t realize that’s what it was. Radio and TV marketing are categorized as offline digital marketing because they involve an electronic device, yet the connection to the Internet is not necessary.
Then there’s enhanced offline marketing; if you’ve ever been in a restaurant and ordered your meal using an electronic tablet, then you’re no stranger to offline marketing. It is an enhanced offline marketing experience with a digital device. Electronic billboards are a great example of enhanced offline digital marketing.
- Online Digital Marketing
Online marketing is referred to as online advertising or Internet marketing. The following seven are the major types of online digital marketing:
- Search engine optimization (SEO) — SEO is the process of optimizing your content so that it ranks higher in search engine results pages so that you drive more traffic to your website.
- Search engine marketing (SEM) — With SEO, you’re using best practices to make traffic to your site organically. With SEM, however, you purchase ad space in paid search platforms such Google AdWords.
- Content marketing — Content marketing involves content creation and distribution across all your online channels such as your blog, website, or social media. The content you create is not meant to be promotional but instead, stimulate interest and ultimately, improve brand awareness.
- Social Media Marketing (SMM) — Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn are some of the most prominent social media platforms. And social media marketing involves gaining traffic and attention from these channels.
- Pay-per-click advertising (PPC) — If you’ve noticed those ads that appear alongside your search results, then you’ve encountered PPC ads before. PPC is a model of online marketing where advertisers pay a fee each time a person clicks their ad.
- Affiliate marketing — Affiliate marketing is a commission-based arrangement typically between an online retailer and an external website. The purpose is to generate traffic and sales through referrals.
- Email marketing — Email marketing is a type of direct marketing that uses emails to deliver marketing messages to its audience.
Benefits of Digital Marketing
1. Better Growth Options For Small business
2. Higher Conversion Rate
3. Establishing Brand Reputation
4. Solving Customers Problems
An example of how customer grievance was addressed using social media
5. Engagement With Mobile Customers.
6. Digital marketing is Cost-Effective
7. Potential to Earn Higher Revenues
8. Can Start With A Small Budget As Well
9. Go Beyond your Boundaries:
Using digital marketing you can sky rocket your business all over the globe. You need to come out of your comfort zone and you have to upgrade yourself from traditional marketing to digital marketing. You can avail Digital Marketing benefits you only if you are taking an active part in it. The role of digital marketing is very fast as it includes SEO, SMO, SME, and various other processes.